The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 is the graphics card that PC builders on a budget have been waiting for. Unlike Nvidia’s top-end GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 cards, however, the GTX 1060 faces competition from AMD in the form of the Radeon RX 480.
|NVIDIA® CUDA® Cores||1152|
|Core Clock||1506 MHz|
|Boost Clock||1708 MHz|
|Memory Clock||8 Gbps|
|Memory Size||3GB GDDR5|
|Max Resolution:||7680×4320@60Hz (Digital)1|
|Power Input:||One 6-Pin|
|Bus Type:||PCI-Express 3.0 x16|
- Simultaneous Multi-Projection
- VR Ready
- NVIDIA Ansel Support
- NVIDIA G-SYNC™
- NVIDIA GameStream™
- NVIDIA GPU Boost™ 3.0
- Microsoft® DirectX® 12 Support
- Vulkan API Support
- Open GL 4.5 Support
- PCI Express 3.0
- Max Digital Resolution – 7680×4320@60Hz
- Display Connectors
- 3x DisplayPort 1.4
- HDMI 2.0b
Minimum System Requirements
- PCI Express-compliant motherboard with one dual-width x16 graphics slot
- One 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors
- Minimum 400W or greater system power supply
- 300MB of available hard-disk space
- 2GB system memory (4GB or higher recommended)
- Windows 7-10, Linux, FreeBSDx86
- DVD-ROM drive and Internet connection
First off, comparison of the GTX 1060 3GB with other GPUs in the field of performance.
And now comparison with other GPUs in the field of price.
Right off the bat I can see two potential rivals:
- The GTX 1060 6GB
- The AMD Radeon RX 480
GTX 1060 3GB Vs. GTX 1060 6GB
Now a true gamer would say that even 5 FPS can make the difference. The question is: are 50$ worth the difference in FPS? If yes, then the GTX 1060 6GB is the answer. If no, then the 3GB one is just fine.
GTX 1060 3GB Vs. AMD Radeon RX 480
Cheaper and better. What’s more to add? The GTX 1060 3GB wins.
Next up we’re gonna estimate the FPS you can expect in some popular games with nVidia GTX 1060 3GB and a basic CPU like an Intel i5-7400.
The nVidia GTX 1060 3GB is extremely good. In combination with a decent CPU, it can carry hard games such as GTA V or Battlefield no problem. The price is alright, the price/value is also very good, so overall we do recommend this GPU.